Try all of these challenges!
You’ll start with Hello World and hopefully by Wednesday you’ll have a giant P2P badge network running.
Try combining multiple challenges into one codebase.
- Hello World on screen
- Detect Button press
- Detect capacitive touch
- Add LEDs and flash them
- Add a Buzzer/Speaker and play music
- Implement your own on-screen menu
- Broadcast a different NFC URL
- Broadcast an Eddystone and iBeacon message
- Use Noble and Node.js on your laptop to read the beacon data
- Turn the Badge into HID buttons for your PC.
- Create and display your own images
- Implement Web Bluetooth with the Puck.js library
- Detect movement with a PIR sensor
- Connect to a BLE LED Lightbulb
- Connect to a BLE LED Strip
- Communicate with another badge
- Communicate with some other Bluetooth devices
- Implement DAT protocol on Espruino
The Grand Challenge
Don’t forget the grand challenge!
There are several mobile apps from Nordic Semiconductor that you may find useful in any challenges that use Bluetooth. nRF toolbox can also be used to update the badges firmware or re-flash a badge that you have messed up.